Learn step by step how to surf!
The Beginner Surf Lessons are designed to teach you the basics of learning how to surf. One of our experienced and qualified instructors will help you to stand up on the surfboard and keep your balance while riding the waves per step by step instructions.
The Beginner Surf Lessons are perfect for people who have never surfed before, who are curious about trying new things and want to experience the amazing sport called surfing!
We offer three different services for beginning surfers of all ages, applicable to different levels of skills.
- Private one-on-one classes: in which the student has a private surf instructor,
- Semiprivate classes: in which two students share one surf instructor, and
- Group classes: in which a maximum of four students share one surf instructor
We also offer the possibility to learn surfing in our Surf Camp!
BEGINNER SURF LESSON – INTRODUCTION TO SURFING – Level 1
DURATION: 2 Hours
During this lesson you will learn:
- The different designs and functions of the surfboard
- Basic board skills:
- How to position your body while paddling and how to paddle efficiently
- Where to position yourself in the waves so you can catch the waves
- In what way you have to take off
- What is the best body positioning while riding the waves
- How to get into a basic wave and ride the wave
- To observe and analyze the surfing area and evaluate the safest place to enter and exit the area
- Safety measures and surfing etiquette
BEGINNER SURF LESSONS – SURF COURSE – Level 2
DURATION: 3 Lessons (each lesson takes 2-3 hours)
During these lessons you will learn:
- How to catch your own wave in a safe environment
- To understand the risks of surfing
- How to apply surf safety when selecting waves
- To handle and control your board, to understand the beach, the waves and the ocean its conditions
- More safety measures and surfing etiquette, to make you feel safe and confident while surfing
BEGINNER SURF LESSONS – SURF COURSE – Level 3
DURATION: 6 Lessons (each lesson takes 2-3 hours)
During this lesson you will learn how to:
- Catch and surf unbroken waves
- Take the “drop”
- Ride the “wave face”
- Perform bottom and top turns
- Position yourself correctly in the water as to catch a wave
- Know which waves you have to avoid and which waves are possible to catch
- Understand the “lineup” and advanced safety measures
This course is for anyone who is serious about becoming a surfer, from beginners to intermediate level surfers.
Beginner Surf Lessons are available for all ages in a safe and fun environment!
Private class – One coach per student
We recommend the private class for absolute beginners, students who wish to refresh their knowledge from past surf lessons, students who wish to have a more personal experience or make progress faster.
Make the most of your time by having your own instructor for your first surf lesson!
Semiprivate class – One coach for two students
Perfect for couples or friends who want to take surf lessons together. For the semiprivate class it is best if both students are at the same level, as the surf lesson will be adapted to the level of the students.
Group class – One coach for a maximum of four students
Group surf lessons are perfect for people who have never tried surfing before. A small group of no more than four students will be introduced to surfing by one of our qualified instructors. We will walk you through the techniques needed and teach you how to stand up and surf on whitewater waves.
The price includes:
- Pick up in Senggigi area
- Surf board rental
- Surf instructor
- Wet suit/shirt
- Booties/reef shoes
- Mineral water
- Optional: insurance
The price doesn’t include:
- Airport transfer
- Board shorts
- Soft drinks
- Tips and other personal expenses
Surf school facilities:
First aid kits, life guard, photos by GoPro